For your next oil change you will want our professionals at Quality Lube Plus to be the ones working on your car. Not only will we change your oil, but we will also make sure all of your components are properly lubricated and even replace your oil filter.
How often should you have your oil changed?
Every car is different and requires unique treatment. For this reason, there is no accurate “rule of thumb” for how often you should have your oil changed. You should check the manufacture’s recommendation in your owner’s manual to get the most accurate mileage estimate. The suggested mileage between oil changes can range anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000. There are also instances when you should consider having your oil changed more frequently than recommended:
Importance of oil changes
- Driving in areas of extreme temperatures
- Driving frequently on uneven, or unpaved roads
- Driving an older car
Many people don’t see the need to take their car into a shop and have their oil changed when their car seems to be running perfectly fine. But, in order for your car to continue operating correctly and last longer, you need to have it serviced regularly. This is because:
- After time, oil begins to breakdown and becomes less effective as a lubricant.
- Without proper lubrication, the parts of your engine will begin to rub together and wear out.
- Oil also serves as an absorbent, soaking up water, dust, and other unwanted combustion byproducts.
So, if you want to get the most out of your engine and avoid costly repairs down the road, you need to keep up on oil changes.