The holiday season is upon us once again. A part of the year that brings with it timely traditions and lasting memories. While every family has their own unique customs, chances are there is one thing that every family has in common. Most people are going to have to travel in order to create those prized memories.
Some will have to travel further than others. While some will fly to their destinations, many families will decide to save a little bit of money and hit the long open road.
It’s easy to be preoccupied with other things (like making sure you have remembered to pack everything or reminding everyone to use the bathroom before you leave), that you might forget about the most important part of your trip… making sure your vehicle is ready for the journey.
1. Have a check-up
- Better safe than sorry. Bringing your car in for a quick and simple check-up at Quality Lube Plus can be the difference between enjoying Christmas dinner and being stranded on the side of the road.
2. Check your brakes
- Make sure your break pads are going to last for the duration of your trip (that includes you return home as well)
3. Inspect your tires
- Tire pressure should be checked before embarking on a long journey. You should also look for any bulges and make sure your tires have a good amount of tread left.
4. Know your limit
- Make sure that you do not overload your vehicle. Check the car’s weight capacity before you stuff that rooftop carrier full.
5. Oil Change
- It might be a good idea to have a fresh oil change before you leave for your vacation. Think about the amount of miles you will be putting on the vehicle… an oil change can’t hurt.
No matter where you are headed, you can count on Quality Lube Plus to make sure you arrive safely. Stop by our shop today to have your vehicle inspected before you leave!